FLGS in the Bay Area

So, I've been here almost 8 months now and still haven't found the time to get a steady game going. Time is actually the limiting factor, but the other problem is the lack of a "role-playing" element in my nearest FLGS (Gamescape SF).

There are some cards posted for people 'looking for group' but the in store activities seem centered around D&D Encounter (and other miniatures efforts). As I'm living light in SF, I don't really have any of my miniatures resources with me - just a few books and some ideas for campaigns I'd LOVE to run.

In July I'll be relocating to Emmeryville/Oakland on the east bay and my new FLGS will shift to EndGame. The facility looks bigger (space is much cheaper in the EastBay I hear) and I understand the gaming scene outside of the city is a tick more vibrant.

Meetup is a cool app, and it regularly alerts me to games going on in the Oakland area so I'm hopeful that I can find some players who want to give Savage Worlds, Rogue Trader, or RIFTS a go.

It will still come back to finding enough time to play though, but I'm hopeful that a little work-life balance can be found once my wife relocates here in a few weeks.

Comments

Popular Posts